Monday, September 30, 2019

Finding a voice

This school year has meant a sort of return of voice for me. 
I have my current course offerings of
....World History for the introductory course in Social Studies / History at Littleton High School;
....World Geography for the junior year;
....IB History of Europe and the Middle East - either as a stand alone or as the first year of the HL history, and;
....a new cohort of Freshmen for our Seminar Advisory offering.

And of course I still find my self involved in the soccer program with the boys' season in full swing the Level 3 Fresh/ Sophomore team is off to its best start ever (that I have coached) having won six in a row for a 6-1 record.

So just a little bit going on there in the classroom.

In addition to that standard fare I am excited to keep my
I have mostly finished my work with QFI - my cohort will be presenting our work at National Council for the Social Studies this November in Austin, TX. 
I am one of the building representatives for the Littleton Education Association helping teachers have their voices protected and do their best work.
I am continuing my work with the IB at the national level working as a site visit member, will continue my training work with the IB and keep working with their workshop offerings too.
I am also part of a collective of alumni with the National Collegiate Honors Council special semesters contributing to a monograph on the lasting impact of the special semesters. 

As ever, my door is open to anyone who cares to drop in and share a hello, celebrate any small victory, come support the latest cadre of students, just be part of the community.  The Unofficial Alumni Tour will keep going, so come live the Vida Activa!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.